Last year in June, I watched a new movie every day of the entire month. This year I’d like to reprise that same challenge for the month of July. It was pretty good last year, I only managed to miss a few days worth of movies.
Seems simple enough, amended some rules to change up the movie list.
For reference, here was last year’s list.
I realized the phrase “South American” didn’t include Mexican features so a better way of putting that is “Latin American” features. I changed my rules list to better describe the movies I meant I wanted to watch.
- 50/50 Comedies and Dramas; slot sub-genres as best as possible to comedy/drama guidelines
- Can slot in 2 documentaries
- At least 2 Latin American films
- At least 5 any foreign language films
- At least 7 films by a female director or by a female writer
- A minimum of 15 shorts can slot in for 1 movie, music videos don’t count
- No rewatching movies!
Continue reading “Month Long Film Challenge: The Reviews”
Last year in June, I watched a new movie every day of the entire month. This year I’d like to reprise that same challenge for the month of July.
Here is last years post about the challenge and the reviews.
It was pretty good last year, I only managed to miss a few days worth of movies. I am going to amend the rules as I want to throw the net wider but maybe in a different direction and by that I want to try and shoe horn some titles I’ve been meaning to watch but hadn’t gotten around to do it.
One of those rule changes is South American cinema, I don’t watch enough of it and I’d like to try. I am also including shorts since I can bang some of those out during a lunch hour since many are available online. I also noticed that you need movies that aren’t fiction, you start to really miss it so I am slotting in docs in case I need a palette cleanser.
Continue reading “Month Long Movie Challenge: The Sequel”
I posted about my Goals for 2017 last month and I thought I would outline a more simpler post per month.
I’m calling it the Month to Month post. Here, I will outline what I am doing for each month as a goal.
June’s goal is watching a movie a day for the next 30 days.
The following one line reviews will be as spoiler free as possible. I can’t say for certainty that they will be 100% spoiler free and I will not take responsibility for it.
- 50/50 Comedies and Dramas, no documentaries, no shorts. Animated is fine.
- At least 5 foreign language films.
- Minimum of 3 should be watched in theatres.
- At least 5 films made by Canadian production companies/creators.
- At least 5 films by a female director.
- No rewatching movies that you’ve already seen.
Continue reading “M2M: June Film Challenge List”